Pennsylvania 2021 Early Intervention and Family Support Program Virtual Event
Conference Attendance and Continuing Education Credits
In order to be eligible for conference attendance and/or continuing education credit, you must:
- Register for each individual session for which you are applying for credit and/or attendance. You will not receive credit, or be marked in attendance, for any sessions for which you have not registered.
- Complete an evaluation survey at the end of each day of the conference and include the verification code for each individual session you attended.
- Complete the evaluation survey by May 7, 2021.
- Some types of credit have additional requirements. Please check the credit information below. You will not receive credit if requirements are not followed.
The following types of CEUs and certificates of attendance are available:
Act 48 Clock Hours (up to 7 hours)
Act 48 hours are available for those participants who have a teaching certificate from the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Act 48 Clock Hours will be awarded on a per session basis. Participants should login individually from a computer or iPad for each conference session on time, stay the duration of the webinar session and complete the evaluation survey by the designated deadline in order to be eligible for Act 48 Professional Education clock hours. No credit will be awarded for those who attend by phone (audio) alone.
On the evaluation survey, attendees must enter their PPID number, as well as the exact spelling of their First and Last Name and Middle Initial, exactly how it appears in the PaTTAN registration system. If this is different from the information in the Professional Education Record Management System, that must be indicated. Attendees can find their PERMS information and PPID on the Public Access Website. Public Access (pa.gov). To locate how a name appears in PERMS, please use the Educator Search.
PaTTAN is not responsible for information that is entered incorrectly. If information entered does not match PaTTAN’s data, no Act 48 Clock Hours will be awarded.
Early Intervention Infant Toddler Staff Training Hours (up to 7 hours)
EI IT Training hours are available for those participants who work in the Infant Toddler Early Intervention system. To receive training hours, individuals must follow the same procedures as outlined above for Act 48 Clock Hours, complete all evaluation surveys and submit them by the designated deadline.
Certificates of Attendance (up to 7 hours)
Certificates of attendance will be available for participants who do not need a specific type of professional development credit, but who wish to document their attendance at the conference. To receive training hours, individuals must follow the same procedures as outlined above for Act 48 Clock Hours, complete all evaluation surveys and submit them by the designated deadline.
To print your Certificate of Attendance, log into your PaTTAN training registration profile. Click on “My Events” and then “View Log” to see your transcript.
Nursing Continuing Professional Development Hours (up to 7 hours)
Early Intervention Technical Assistance/PA Training & Technical Assistance Network and the University of Pittsburgh are collaborating to present: “PA 2021 Early Intervention and Family Support Program Conference.” Professional Nurses participating in the activity and completing the evaluation tool may receive a maximum of 7 nursing continuing professional development contact hours. The University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
To receive training hours, individuals must follow the same procedures as outlined above for Act 48 Clock Hours, complete all evaluation surveys and submit them by the designated deadline.
- You will receive an email from the University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing by the end of May. If you do not see an email in that time period, please check your junk or spam email folder.
- The email from the University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing will include a link that will allow you to pay the certificate fee online. Each nurse participant agrees to personally pay to the University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing $8.00 for each CE certificate requested. Once the certificate fee is paid, your contact hour certificate will be emailed to you.
- WATCH YOUR EMAIL – the link to get your certificate will only be open for 10 business days. If you request your certificate after that date, there will be an additional $8.00 fee to reopen the link. So, your certificate fee will be a total of $16.00.
Social Worker Continuing Education Hours (up to 7.25 hours)
These credits are for licensed social workers, licensed clinical social workers, licensed marriage & family therapists, and licensed professional counselors, as approved by the National Association of Social Workers-PA. NASW-PA Chapter is a co-sponsor of this workshop. Up to 7.25 CEs will be awarded for participation in conference sessions. NASW has been designated as a pre-approved provider of professional continuing education for social workers (Section 47.36), Marriage and Family Therapist (Section 48.36) and Professional Counselors (Section 49.36) by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists and Professional Counselors.
To receive training hours, individuals must follow the same procedures as outlined above for Act 48 Clock Hours, complete all evaluation surveys and submit them by the designated deadline. In addition, those requesting Social Work CEUs must:
- Complete the Social Work CEU form found in the Continuing Education Credits Tab on the Chime Live Platform.
- Email or mail the Social Work CEU form to the NASW-PA. The directions, email address and mailing address can be found on the Social CEU form.
- A certificate fee of $15 for members and $25 for non-members is required.
- Certificates will be sent to participants by NASW-PA upon receipt of completed paperwork and payment.